This Best Ever Snickerdoodles is so simple and easy to prepare. It is so devilishly creamy, so rich, so lusciously smooth and velvety… just one bite will definitely send you straight to seventh heaven!. It is an ideal weekend dessert to surprise your family and friends with! here’s the recipe:
Serves: 20 large cookies
Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. With mixer on medium speed add in egg, yolk and vanilla and beat for another minute, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Turn mixer to medium low and mix in baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and 1 tsp cinnamon. Mix for 30 seconds, scraping sides as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined.
- In a separate small bowl make your Cinnamon Sugar by mixing together cinnamon and sugar, stirring until evenly combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, measure out about 2 Tbsp of dough and roll into a ball. Then roll each cookie dough ball into the Cinnamon Sugar mixture.
- Place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, turning cookie sheet halfway through baking.
- *I baked mine for exactly 10 minutes every time I make these cookies with perfect results, but I know ovens vary, so bake only until the edges are slightly golden. The tops may seem slightly undercooked, but they will firm up perfectly when they cool. If you prefer a crisper cookie, bake for 2 additional minutes.