This Best Copycat Levain Bakery Dark Chocolate Cookies is so simple and easy to prepare. It is so devilishly creamy, so rich, so lusciously smooth and velvety… just one bite will definitely send you straight to seventh heaven!. It is an ideal weekend dessert to surprise your family and friends with! here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup unsalted cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup graulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder (try to use a premium brand for richer flavor)
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (I used a combination of both)
- Preheat oven to 410 F.
- In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes). Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add in cocoa, cake flour, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and set mixer on lowest speed setting to stir until dough is just combined. You want the dough to be smooth and uniform in color, but you don’t want to overmix it. Stir in chocolate chunks/chocolate chips.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
- Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats. Measure out 4.5 oz of dough and roll into a ball, placing onto baking sheet. You will place four on each baking sheet, spaced about 2 inches apart. You should have enough dough to make 8 cookies, but it is best to weigh the balls so that they are all the same size and will cook evenly.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-11 minutes, or until the surface is dry and cookies look almost set. Remove and let cookies cool on the baking sheets (if you try to remove them they will likely break apart). Allow cookies to cool about 15-20 minutes so that they can set. Then remove and enjoy.